disease

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2006
      Bill, Do we really know the pathway, causative, that brought HIV virus
      to humans in California and beyond?? What about the hypothesis that
      laboratory testing was implicated? I don't trust this
      word, 'primitive', used in the way you use it. The people of Iraq are
      not more primitive than those of USA or Britain. Such a war as our
      leaders unleashed on them, with de facto toleration by the respective
      electorates, has only brought out latent conflict, which would break
      out in our civilisations also, exposed to similar pressure. I hate
      much religion. My faith is subversive. Like I say, my role model is
      Jesus Christ. Look what happened to him. It's not a way to win
      friends. Your support for Trinidad kind of irritates me, because he
      has been so hostile to philosophical thought for which he has no
      taste. Not an irritation that enters the realm of feeling, however.
      More a bemusement, ever increasing, the incomprehensibility of human
      difference. I have a feeling that my levels of contempt are going to
      increase. In impersonal fashion. I don't see much evidence that
      people in public life care about ideas at all, in spite of the horrors
      we have witnessed this last decade. It all gets chewed up and served
      as interesting hash for the TV and video machine. Louise