Re: a story of corruption

    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2006
      i just trying to get conversation going. who mentioned malignancy??

      logos is mysterious concept, living reality.

      today have been reading Greek, in various sources - NT, Septuagint,
      Iliad.

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cunningham
      <cactusrockranch@...> wrote:

      > Ouch. Malignant Self Love ? No I just like swimming
      > in clear blue water.
      >
      > --- louise <hecubatoher@...> wrote:
      >
      > > so is this a confession??
      > >
      > > let me guess.
      > >
      > > youre a narcissist also.
      > >
      > > and you have no greek.
      > >
      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cunningham
      > > <cactusrockranch@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I look good in a swim suit when I swim in the cool
      > > > deep water of lagos.

      > > "mariaprophetessa"

      > > protection around
      > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Jeff Cunningham
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2006
        I understand. I was doing the same. If you feel like
        explaining the concept of Logos ,please do.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2006
          its more that, at present, i might offer indications of what stands
          in the way of explanation. from ordinary social point of view, some
          of this might sound like excuses, just as Nietzsche's claims to
          cleverness and wisdom (in "Ecce Homo") are readily interpreted by
          unsympathetic critics as signs of mania or conceit. there has to be
          willingness to suspend disbelief, perhaps, for certain kinds of
          progress, without, however, suspending capacity for rigorous
          reasoned argument. firstly, i have enough Greek to be proficient in
          using lexicons, commentaries, and translations, and to read prose
          and some verse passably, at sight. however, i do not readily
          understand what i read without careful subsequent study. various
          practical difficulties and limitations of health impede continuity.
          do not like writing this, yet seems preferable to omitting what is
          simply and persistently true. i feel theres so much to say, so much
          to learn, from other contributors, from books, broadcasting outlets,
          etc, yet how tough it proves, to find permissions, from ones own
          existence, and the surrounding circumstance that makes bodily life
          possible. the struggle to earn and bestow respect, without falsity -
          for i do not consider myself obligated to feel respect just on basis
          of species-membership - has taken on parodic proportions, in UK
          where i live ... unless what i see around me is some local
          aberration. nevertheless, existlist loses itself regularly this
          way, in my experience. well, my first point shaded directly into my
          second. really i am more convinced than ever that contact with
          certain Greek texts has made an absolute difference to my own
          existence. it seems that my sense of having tentative attempts at
          context-provision and argument, rather roundly dismissed, over long
          period, has left me exhausted, in my will. since i approach the
          ancient Greeks from a Nietzschean perspective, this is temporarily
          fatal to my powers of discourse. so knowing Greek in the chaotic
          conditions of modern life leaves me tired, though happy. pessimism
          is the only creed i trust, and the logos prevents despair. all i
          can come up with for now.