spitting it out

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2006
      stream-of-consciousness kind of post, beginning, clearly enough, with
      direct theft of someone else's idea, if a phrase constitutes an idea,
      probably not. so much of what i think i already wrote here anyway,
      last two years or so. today i'm thinking, promiscuity is such a
      problem, that is, mixing of concepts from disparate fields of human
      enquiry - natural sciences, history, geography, politics, medical
      disciplines of nebulous nature, literature. haven't even mentioned
      philosophy, it might be pictured as a plant, with many offshoots, a
      single stem, or several. existentialism - i never used to consider it
      really, it was just the way i learnt to live. got this feeling, in
      question form, what can we do but keep on talking. this is a list,
      there's nothing to do but type words. i haven't much to say. that's
      temporary, knowing me.

      louise
    • frank goldman jordan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2006
        Dear Louise,
        Having only recently become aware-joined this group! I find you comments most intriguing,from an Intellectual point of view.Have you ever read the Magnum Opus of `Max Stirner`-entitled in English "The Ego and His Own"<?-for many years there was just a small group of us so-called Stirnerites,scattered around the Globe.Although I have modified many of my views recently,being of the grang old age of 60,February gone,I still have hold certain Stirnerite views,(Which are virtually the same as Nietzsche`s,in many,many ways)-Another Philosopher who I have just recently discovered,is the excellent work of the Russian/Jewish thinker.Lev Shestov-I would be interested in hearing your views on his Ideas!
        Best Wishes,
        Shalom,
        Frankie Goldman

        louise <hecubatoher@...> wrote:
[...]