SUVCW

  • mariaprophetessa
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 12:48 PM
      Louise, as vice-president of our municipal park board, I've
      volunteered to participate in a local committee's project to restore
      and commemorate the 1906 installation of two Civil War cannons in our
      little park. We're planning a memorial service this summer on the
      100th anniversary. I considered using the Homer/Pope couplet? which
      seems appropriate, but on second thought and for two reasons I
      reconsidered. Firstly, except for a few teachers, the quotation might
      be lost on our less literate; and secondly, I find the words of our
      melancholy Abraham Lincoln more appropriate. Mary