existentialism - immutably moot

  • mariaprophetessa
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2006
      I venture to guess that there is more we don't know, otherwise we
      wouldn't need to talk about it. Adventure yields unpredictable
      results, and I'm learning that it is a fool's journey, a zero like
      the tarot card. Funny thing though. The fool takes that first step
      off the cliff, not vice-versa. In that free fall into wide open
      space, we might meet a few who know the same thing. A fortunate
      ending?

      still an april fool

      track meet canceled
      snow and wind chill
      deny my still warm bones their crooked miles
      and joy vicarious watching him run like the wind
      breathing with him gasping around the oval
      around and around and around
      plastic water bottles flying
      lifted and blown about
      the emptying
      stadium

      yesterday
      a southern breeze
      blew soft wide waves across the pond
      beneath a flirty sun
      today
      the northern air
      makes tight little ripples
      in the opposite direction
      a little greenwood gazebo
      sits patiently on the island
      frosted with slush
      awaiting its fulfillment
      leaping children
      novice visitors

      narcissus greens sprout up
      through the cold
      spring water

      you know what really blows?
      tomorrow, yesterday
      will have seemed better

      we do need a weatherman
      to know which way the wind
      will blow against the wind
      cause clashing
      cyclones
      while all along we were expecting
      halcyones

      a failing
      solitary breath blows against an empire of everything
      still better
      than no thing

      April, 2005