Re: life goes on

  • mariaprophetessa
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 4:37 PM
      Well Louise, you're hereabouts, as am I. Found this particular grain
      of quicksand you might appreciate:

      ~I don't believe death is the final tenderness for death confirms
      the wisdom of choices that seek to exalt solitude. I overheard an
      old lady tell her companion: "One of the unexpected delights of
      parenthood is the reversal of being put to bed by a child." I have
      asked many among you whether I am naive to believe love need not be
      solipsistic. The man I love replied, No. So I have come this far to
      discover the beauty within a cloud chamber: the traces of
      intersecting trajectories. For the man I love quoted Emerson as he
      held me tight: "The health of the eye always demands a horizon. We
      are never tired so long as we can see far enough." I believe the man
      I love was telling me: "Do not fear the distance between physical
      objects. Learn how detachment includes."~

      by Eileen R. Tabios
      "Beginning Lucidity"
      from "Reproductions of the Empty Flagpole"
      Marsh Hawk Press, New York 2002

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4 8:46 AM
        Mary, you are far from recognising me. Unbored, uncivilised animal,
        seeking same. Likes debate, futuristic verse, practices primitive
        medicine and plays loud music. The hasty think I'm just an
        adolescent. It is so sunny here. Cold, though. Patient Louise

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mariaprophetessa"

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 8:53 AM
          Whoops, sorry, spelling mistake. Verb form should read, 'practises'.