Philosophy

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
      Never goes away. In most ancient guise, mineral, unhurt by
      disregard. The younger gods, goddesses, iconic animals, may be prone
      to slight. Anyway, it's all light. Burdens an illusion. Easy to say
      if all we do is say. Human beings get offended by saying. Is it any
      wonder if we don't proceed to communication. I know now I'm speaking
      to myself. Doesn't hurt that much. There are other realities, and
      imaginations, that hurt, including the body, of course. It's stopped
      raining. Time changes all things. Time is love. I've decided to get
      into cliches. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Do the things that
      aren't illegal. Stay free, help the imprisoned. More slogans. One
      day, we might form a party. Stories are lies, facts are partial,
      images bring endless trouble. I like truth. No need to believe.
      Just think it over.

      Louise
    • dick.richardson@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2009
        Philosophy

        Philosophy is NOT about reading books, nor inventing ideas and then
        letting them rip on to the world. It is about studying yourself for many
        years (psychology) and the world (physics and phenomenology) and then
        writing your own books and essays of your life understanding thus far.
        And folks can do with that what they will; for they are not all at the
        same place at the same time in the learning process; which is
        evolutionary. Folks who pick up a few philosophy books who call
        themselves philosophers are the biggest joke on earth.

        If one wants to study the history of human understanding and philosophy
        in purely academic terms without getting involved in writing your own
        (because it is an evolutionary process) then begin with Plato (or
        earlier) and then work forward, one step at a time. And there is no
        damned point in writing what has already been written by somebody. Even
        if just reading then one day something may hit you and you know damn
        well that you can add something new to that – then go for it; for
        that is what philosophy IS. But don't waste your time and effort on
        inventing the wheel, for it has been done.