Clarifications

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 1:02 PM
      Bill, Committed as I am to irrationalism, there is a form of probably
      unhelpful spontaneity to which my style descends at times of external
      difficulty. Flesh and blood we all are, so the external makes itself
      felt within personal physical boundaries. Nervous feelings about yet
      another appearance at magistrates' court, combined with sundry events
      of unexpected kind, led me to that volatile condition of consciousness
      which produces associative statement and nothing more. I did not mean
      to call you Catholic, only to indicate that your education in that
      tradition, however traumatising, will provide you with certain
      resonances of feeling, image, thought, from which a non-conformist
      atheist dissenter turned Protestant, like myself, tends to feel
      excluded. Ca ne fait rien, at least to me. Which isn't saying much.
      There again, in the most important matters, it is fiendish difficult
      to say anything at all, to the purpose. Louise