Re: [existlist] Re: death to the absurd

  • Albert
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
      Ah, but Louise, lets be philosophical then, are we not exactly that ?
      Predators who through the process of "evolution" have evolved to the point
      where our prey is simply just in the supermarket ?
      We adapt to our ever changing environment because we learn to manipulate it,
      it's as simple as that.

      And yes, verbal aggression can be justified, as your below responses have in
      effect proven (Aggression - retaliation = aggression). Action, reaction...
      Action, reaction...

      Is it not a mistake to draw comparison between the predator and the
      philosopher ? Show me please how they are any different ? And please don't
      tell me that the philosopher has evolved past aggression, I'll throw up...

      Albert.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
        Albert, you, and many others before you at existlist, have objected
        to my being philosophical. It is not an easy art. Did you not
        beseech me to stop quoting Kierkegaard, did not you retreat into
        diagnostic impertinence, for your reasons. I am a subversive. I
        believe in thought. I honour Kierkegaard and Nietzsche. These are
        my starting-points. In my beginning is my middle. It is politics
        renders me so foolish. If the wise are confounded, I not so
        patient, certainly unsatisfied. Louise

        ps, havent a clue what you mean. what is the similarity, between
        philosophers and predators?

        3/7/2006

      • Knott
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
          And why death to it?

          I say death to fear and loathing. though without it what does one use to meter strength and
          desire?

          I dwell on diversion as it allows better focus when it counts.

          Never make a point with the top of your head.

          Grin N. Barrit
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006

            > And why death to it?
            >
            > I say death to fear and loathing. though without it what does one
            use to meter strength and
            > desire?
            >
            > I dwell on diversion as it allows better focus when it counts.
            >
            > Never make a point with the top of your head.
            >

            > Grin N. Barrit

            My Elusive Friend,

            It's all trope. In the political realm, I have opposed invasions
            contrary to law (though these matters are arguable, and it is good
            they are so), and am opposed also to death penalty, for whatever
            crime. Where you joke, I run to Milton.

            Your Admirer in Disguise
          • Knott
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 9, 2006
              > Where you joke, I run to Milton.

              But I don't remember him writing much on Llamas.

              Peter P. P. Pecker