Re: death to the absurd

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
      I am not sure, dear Albert, that aggression may ever be
      justified ... unless one is really a serpent in disguise. Mammalian
      predators just hunt and kill, givnig ne'er a thought to philosophy.

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert" <al_d@...> wrote:

      > Very aggressive Louise, and one might even call your response
      justified.

      > Albert.
      > - put in a good mood by Louise...

      Terms
      > > of Service.

      nothing!

      > > Home Page: http://www.tameri.com/csw/exist
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > > --
      3/7/2006

    • Albert
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
        Ah, but Louise, lets be philosophical then, are we not exactly that ?
        Predators who through the process of "evolution" have evolved to the point
        where our prey is simply just in the supermarket ?
        We adapt to our ever changing environment because we learn to manipulate it,
        it's as simple as that.

        And yes, verbal aggression can be justified, as your below responses have in
        effect proven (Aggression - retaliation = aggression). Action, reaction...
        Action, reaction...

        Is it not a mistake to draw comparison between the predator and the
        philosopher ? Show me please how they are any different ? And please don't
        tell me that the philosopher has evolved past aggression, I'll throw up...

        Albert.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
          Albert, you, and many others before you at existlist, have objected
          to my being philosophical. It is not an easy art. Did you not
          beseech me to stop quoting Kierkegaard, did not you retreat into
          diagnostic impertinence, for your reasons. I am a subversive. I
          believe in thought. I honour Kierkegaard and Nietzsche. These are
          my starting-points. In my beginning is my middle. It is politics
          renders me so foolish. If the wise are confounded, I not so
          patient, certainly unsatisfied. Louise

          ps, havent a clue what you mean. what is the similarity, between
          philosophers and predators?

          3/7/2006

        • Knott
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
            And why death to it?

            I say death to fear and loathing. though without it what does one use to meter strength and
            desire?

            I dwell on diversion as it allows better focus when it counts.

            Never make a point with the top of your head.

            Grin N. Barrit
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006

              > And why death to it?
              >
              > I say death to fear and loathing. though without it what does one
              use to meter strength and
              > desire?
              >
              > I dwell on diversion as it allows better focus when it counts.
              >
              > Never make a point with the top of your head.
              >

              > Grin N. Barrit

              My Elusive Friend,

              It's all trope. In the political realm, I have opposed invasions
              contrary to law (though these matters are arguable, and it is good
              they are so), and am opposed also to death penalty, for whatever
              crime. Where you joke, I run to Milton.

              Your Admirer in Disguise
            • Knott
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 9, 2006
                > Where you joke, I run to Milton.

                But I don't remember him writing much on Llamas.

                Peter P. P. Pecker