death to the absurd

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 7, 2006
      diversionary is charming, goodness something else

      more Iliad, less Nietzsche

      Blake with large pinch of salt

      have said it before, though not here

      Hitlers had a bad press

      peace peace peace

      no substitute
    • Paul Wong
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7, 2006
        bad poet

        vapid philosopher

        use sentences

        Please unsubscribe me.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 7, 2006
          what your qualifications - not academic, that is - for such
          assessment?

          who lays claim being poet, anyway ...

          concentrate on what is needful

          as Confucius say

          unsubscribe yourself

          can you read, follow instructions

          why so many in this world need wet-nurse

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Wong" <pm.wong@...> wrote:

          > bad poet
          >
          > vapid philosopher
          >
          > use sentences
          >
          > Please unsubscribe me.

        • Albert
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
            Very aggressive Louise, and one might even call your response justified.

            Albert.
            - put in a good mood by Louise...

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
              I am not sure, dear Albert, that aggression may ever be
              justified ... unless one is really a serpent in disguise. Mammalian
              predators just hunt and kill, givnig ne'er a thought to philosophy.

              --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert" <al_d@...> wrote:

              > Very aggressive Louise, and one might even call your response
              justified.

              > Albert.
              > - put in a good mood by Louise...

              Terms
              > > of Service.

              nothing!

              > > Home Page: http://www.tameri.com/csw/exist
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > > --
              3/7/2006

            • Albert
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
                Ah, but Louise, lets be philosophical then, are we not exactly that ?
                Predators who through the process of "evolution" have evolved to the point
                where our prey is simply just in the supermarket ?
                We adapt to our ever changing environment because we learn to manipulate it,
                it's as simple as that.

                And yes, verbal aggression can be justified, as your below responses have in
                effect proven (Aggression - retaliation = aggression). Action, reaction...
                Action, reaction...

                Is it not a mistake to draw comparison between the predator and the
                philosopher ? Show me please how they are any different ? And please don't
                tell me that the philosopher has evolved past aggression, I'll throw up...

                Albert.

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
                  Albert, you, and many others before you at existlist, have objected
                  to my being philosophical. It is not an easy art. Did you not
                  beseech me to stop quoting Kierkegaard, did not you retreat into
                  diagnostic impertinence, for your reasons. I am a subversive. I
                  believe in thought. I honour Kierkegaard and Nietzsche. These are
                  my starting-points. In my beginning is my middle. It is politics
                  renders me so foolish. If the wise are confounded, I not so
                  patient, certainly unsatisfied. Louise

                  ps, havent a clue what you mean. what is the similarity, between
                  philosophers and predators?

                  3/7/2006

                • Knott
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
                    And why death to it?

                    I say death to fear and loathing. though without it what does one use to meter strength and
                    desire?

                    I dwell on diversion as it allows better focus when it counts.

                    Never make a point with the top of your head.

                    Grin N. Barrit
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006

                      > And why death to it?
                      >
                      > I say death to fear and loathing. though without it what does one
                      use to meter strength and
                      > desire?
                      >
                      > I dwell on diversion as it allows better focus when it counts.
                      >
                      > Never make a point with the top of your head.
                      >

                      > Grin N. Barrit

                      My Elusive Friend,

                      It's all trope. In the political realm, I have opposed invasions
                      contrary to law (though these matters are arguable, and it is good
                      they are so), and am opposed also to death penalty, for whatever
                      crime. Where you joke, I run to Milton.

                      Your Admirer in Disguise
                    • Knott
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 9, 2006
                        > Where you joke, I run to Milton.

                        But I don't remember him writing much on Llamas.

                        Peter P. P. Pecker