Involved

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2006
      As I read Trinidad and Bookdoc I must recuse myself from a greater
      pary of the conversation. I think they have earned their spurs as
      radical thinkers. They rebel for variant causes but they are at
      odds with a great deal of the political and moral dogmas of this
      time.
      I can hardly wear those battle ribbons and if I am sticking it to
      the man it is some sort of self punishment. Many years ago I picked
      up a shotgun on the pig side. It was simple pragmatics, I could join
      the SDS or I could face them down. I have grubbed for money in the
      capitalist system for better than forty years. Since I am
      competative by upbringing I have had a better chance of survival
      fighting something of my magnitude rather than the overwhelming
      system. I think the western capitalist democracys are on top because
      they appeal to the pragmatic survivalism that is integral to the
      cosmos. I watch people give up, go on drugs, gamble, cheat and get
      thrown in the joint. Most do not come back as players but as burn
      outs. They are most piteous in reduced circumstance with their wills
      and assets broken and scattered. They are the antithetical role
      models that force me on. My dreams of Crassian wealth are muted but
      I do not play the lottary. Playing the safe numbers has allowed me
      to survive and so I remain much the same as when I first picked
      sides. Within the western system are billions of fights to be fought
      for ones betterment. Fighting dirty but legally is particulary
      admirable. The permutations of rules of engagement begin to bewilder
      me as I close out the business and professional phase of my tenure.
      Yet I can still separate the players from the rebels. I will wager
      the pigs will take care of reducing rebellion and I will set my
      sights on that band of scoundrils slightly more outlaw than I view
      myself. And yes, I still have plenty to do. Bill