Recommended books

  • jr_guy82
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2006
      My name is Ibrahim and i just joined the group. Recently, I read
      Herman Hesse's Demian, and i was deeply moved by many of the concepts
      the author portrays. In particular, I appreciated spiritual
      metamorphosis, self-affirmation, loving ones fate and transformation
      through suffering. I want to delve more deeply into such ideas but I
      don't know where to start. There are so many books and so many
      writers, but since many of Hesse's themes seem existential in nature (
      well, according to my very limited understanding of it), this seemed
      the right place to look for such themes. I'm asking the members of
      this forum to suggest specific books/literature that will provide
      farther insight into the ideas I listed above. Thank you