Rumors of the Jahaad

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      I am beginning to think of the Islamic notion of holy war may be the
      legal basis for violent population control. Clerical leaders of
      various sects seem to have been reminded that civil war in Iraque
      could end in much more violence than expected. The red Chinese
      inject a interesting viewpoint on the middle east when they speak of
      the "energy crocodyals" who manipulate world oil prices. They insist
      that mideast disorder is raised or lowered to manipulate oil
      prices. To an apolitical observer that concept may seem reversed. I
      think the clerical leaders know that their cities are at great risk
      in a civil war situation. The Saudi success in defending it`s
      refinery is probably good news for Iraquis trying to survive on
      the brink of war. I think they know that if world oil production is
      threatned by their civil war , many will call for their
      irradication. I have heard some in the Bagdad street calling for
      calm. They seemed most sincere. On a personal level I am pressed to
      understand the situation and find my opinion whiplashed as I read
      varied sources.The business sources seem to carry the bombs. Today I
      read that muskeg is part of the oil sands find. Also some new
      refining processes are proving out. The Chinise seem most convinced
      that her growth will be fuled by petroleum.Factor after factor to be
      weighted and evaluated. It is CNN with me 12 hours a day , NYT five
      days a week with the internet always available. A movie got me,
      JARHEAD,it really gets to the random chaos that reigns in war. As
      the f16`s roar overhead I need to check the senate hearings on
      Dubai. Hope you are all winning in your attempt at world dominance.
      Bill