Goulasch

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2006
      The noise of the argument often pours out of the US but I thing the
      cultural war is a global conflict in different stages of evolution.
      With the neocon ascendancy in both aggression and arrogance we can
      see how they plan to rule others with a theocracy. The politicians
      really care little for religion or philosophy, they deal in money
      and power. As long as they can milk some position of votes they
      will take any temporary stand. They also abandon their own wounded
      and he who will stand tall is often he that ducks.
      We are left cleaning up the death of god. We feel alone and
      hated. Post modernism was a negative reaction to the upheavel of
      existentialism. It was meant to make up for the absurdity of
      existentialism with a barrage of rules. The right likes rules, likes
      to write them, likes better to inforce them. They have figured out
      that existentialists are apt to be quiet and intellectual . They
      do not mind the spotlight at all as long as they make money there.
      Reagan and The Terminator come to mind as hero figure stars who are
      convivced they were born to lead. The Bush clan was sure they were
      born to lead and now we all begin to suspect the thin line a few
      people walk with our very lives. At that point I see the philosophic
      viewpoint degraded to pure pragmatism. I also think it cycles itself
      around to ask questions not driven by greed and power but by hope
      for a greater world. Most in this group have been pounded in the
      cultural wars and would gladly give the thing over to the crazies
      even if we turn out to be the crazies. Bill