On the high seat

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2006
      Trinidad, I have spent Chichen Itsa days. The very air of Quintana
      Roo smells of dried blood. A little further north is the temple of
      the king and I have set on his throne.It was a small kingdom
      which existed sometime after the glory, gory, salid days of
      Chichen. I must say it affected me as I considered the king as
      absolute authority of that region.He ruled over thirty households in
      the jungle perhaps a half mile back from the sea. I wonder if he
      even knew of the temple of the skulls, the blood sacrifice and the
      giant pyramid to the south. His time was between the fall of
      Chichen and the arrival of the whites. It seems it would have been a
      fine time to be king as it seems there was not much else going on.
      I think it struck me because I sensed a connection to an actual
      absolute. As you pointed out the cosmos seems to dilute the pure
      and remingle the segregated . Then again there are moments ,often
      just before great events, when some vestage of singularity struts in
      pomp. A few gliphs survived to date the king but his compact of
      power came to me while sitting on his seat. The very concept of an
      absolute is anathama to the cosmos but here some primative Myan
      had not only synthesized the concept, he had achieved it.The will
      to power seems rooted in our genes and given the proper weakening
      of resistant atmosphere it comes back to resuume the bloody trek
      to full authority. This small and widely diverse study group seems
      to have gained some level of civility as we attempt to converse
      rather than coerce. I feel much better typing this note than feeling
      the bloody ancient urges on that stone throne. Bill