Re: Digest Number 91

  • Uli
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 1999
      Rajib, hi, i didn't say anything because i don't
      have any new argument. I loved Krishna's story and
      if you have more, i'll be happy to hear them.
      regards, Delia

      Rajiv Pande wrote:

      > Dear all,
      > Waiting for Charles and Delia's comments on the
      > Krishna story, and further applications of it.
      > All I need to know is whether it makes sense in
      > the existential framework or not to distinguish
      > between Mind - as physical - and Consciousness,
      > as non-physical.
      >

      > Regards
      > Rajiv

    • Gretchyn Lenger
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 1999
        Rajiv,

        Interseting concepts. Can we say that even if we could "fully describe"
        all of physical existence, it is only the physical we are capable of
        perceiving and understanding. How do we know we aren't just skating along
        the edge of the universal petri dish, thinking that's everything, when
        maybe we haven't ever been inside. This has to be true if you consider the
        possiblility of dimensional realities we can't even perceive.

        What do you think about this. For I don't know how long metaphysicians
        and
        Eastern spiritualists have been talking about the responsive nature of the
        universe and the matter in it. We like to call this creative
        manifestation. I saw an article buried in a magazine probably more than a
        year ago that a study at John Hopkins proved that quarks respond to
        expectation. I find this both not surprising and very interesting - do you
        know what I mean? This all seems to support what mystics call the "unified
        field" and what Stephen Hawkins tried to explain in unifying micro and
        macro views of the universe (by the way, I can't pretend to comprehend
        physics but I can grok the concepts). Anyway, I'm babbling a little but I
        love this stuff.

        On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Rajiv Pande wrote:

        > Dear all,
        > Waiting for Charles and Delia's comments on the Krishna story, and further applications of it. All I need to know is whether it makes sense in the existential framework or not to distinguish between Mind - as physical - and Consciousness, as non-physical.
        >
        > Gretchyn, I fully agree that linear time is an illusion. It is, in the scientific context, a mere calculational tool. As an artificial concept, it "explains" the behavior of the universe. Similarly "mass" is the subjective experience of gravity, and length somehow ceases to be absolute in a curved space-time universe. Science bases its calculations and predictions on the three fundamental dimensions of Length, Mass and Time, and further rationalizes the almost mystical concept of Energy - as a piece of action such that E = MLT-2. Is Energy really a "piece of action" quantifiable in terms of length, mass and time? Aternatively, are L, M and T, truly fundamental dimensions? (In the sense that they can fully describe all of physical existence)
        > Regards
        > Rajiv

      • Yana Youhana
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 1999
          Rajiv,
          I want to hear the Krishna story, can you please
          e-mail it to me. thanx!

          ~yana