science, literature

  • seriously.merry
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2006
      Thanks, Trinidad, for the affirmation on my scant DNA understanding.
      But in regards to literature, we might have to meet in the streets of
      Tombstone. I don't believe literature perpetuates barbarism or acts as
      an impediment to any kinds of progress. If I read existential
      literature and studied genetics during my fertile years, I would likely
      have foregone bringing children into this world. But if I had, there
      might have been a handful less geniuses to help solve problems for our
      species. Sure they're sucking up resources. Who isn't? One never really
      can predict certain things. Fortunately for me, I took the gamble. Now
      they can worry about reproduction. Hopefully, they'll have more
      information and make "better" decisions.