God

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2006
      it seems, is the most powerful word in the world.

      English language dominant by reason of multiple factors, historical,
      with military-economic exterior.

      can be

      concept, to the philosopher

      object for veneration, invisibly or sensuously put forth by artists
      of the sacred, to the believer

      ultimate terror to human psyche, and those sentients at mercy of
      human psyches

      convenient repository for resentments and other passions, for
      theist, atheist, anti-theist

      the one who prompts questions.

      Who holds authority, in this world? On whose authority? It is an
      infinite word, an irrationalist statement, for how may a word be
      finite, or even infinite? May a word be measured? Or a meaning?
      Well, we might count definitions. With God, one could simply
      attribute endless identities, conscious or unsentient, taking the
      mystic way, joining monism to pantheism and all the way along.
      These are philosophical waters, and I swim therein without formal
      training. What is the truth? Has a child ever asked you that?
      What were the circumstances, and did you find a reply?

      Louise