prognosticating

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      Bill, The anger is real, but the media images, the damn familiar tale
      of selectivity, are entirely reactive. True, it's not a small order,
      the reforming of Western cultures, but if some sense of fear might
      help create a hunger to know or at least to question, all to the
      good. So what I'm saying is, that if we watch, we watch the mirror
      held up to our own failures. There is nothing to fear from Islam -
      only from stupid and ignorant responses thereto. Nihilism, I repeat,
      is our hope, for through that route lies the end to futile
      aggression. Lust for power over others, need for distraction,
      reluctance to work, or even to seek genuine pleasure (by refusing to
      seek), these a few signs of the absence of nihilism in Europe/USA. Of
      course you are tired, you never shirk, and have expended so much
      energy countering the depredations of those so impoverished they do
      not even feel the pain of their own unscrupulousness. Nietzsche saw
      it all, set it down, we shall see his work come to fruition in our
      lifetimes. That looks like a prophecy. Too bad. I know not what I
      say. Which is a truth, not a story. Louise