Re: in Hell

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
      This is rubbish. Not in any sense of disrespect to you, but because
      after all this time it is long overdue that we have serious
      statement and argument, rather than allusive assertion and
      dismissal. My quarrel with Trini is dormant, unless he wants to re-
      ignite the embers, with more choice insults. My quarrel with you,
      Mary, is also at an end, if you quit directing sarcasm my way ...
      which, so far as I can tell, you stopped doing, well, a while ago.
      I am fed up wasting time repeating myself. You really seem to have
      difficulty believing me when I tell you I don't know what you're
      talking about. To this day, I still do not know whether Trini's
      stint in jail was even fictional or not! Tired, but game.
      Existentialism is the present, and, accordingly, the future. Now
      that I come to think of it, my tendency to irritate stems usually
      from one source - the ethically demanded need to hide and ironise,
      whilst seeking out tolerance, which, in context of existlist, means
      observance by all of listowner's rules - a comprehended framework
      providing conditions whereby to engage, on equal terms. Yes, by all
      means, let us have a final end to disputes on that score. I have
      never lived in California, am a computer novice, yet it has even
      been asserted that it was I who owned or moderated the list. You
      Americans can really look crazy, but I'm used to craziness, and am
      uninterested in status battles. Honour is not prestige. Plenty to
      argue about, without getting incendiary. Nameless

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "seriously.merry"
      <seriously.merry@...> wrote:

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "louise" <hecubatoher@> wrote:
      >
      > > No one gets resurrected.
      >

      > A metaphor, obviously, for the fact that some people continue to
      re-
      > embody their beliefs at existlist.
      >

      > > Anyway, who is breaching moderation guidelines right now, in
      regard
      > to attempts to prove faith??>
      >

      > Albert, hence the header "fleeced."
      >

      > >My quotation from that recognised existentialist, SK, made
      precisely
      > the same point as Chris - it's matter of belief. Period>
      >

      > Great! Then we're done with it, right?
      >

      > > I blame Trini..
      >

      > I'd guess he's used to that.
      >
      > Mary

    • Albert
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
        You have really missed the bus completely here. I have no "beliefs", I'm not even sure I believe in truth. So really...

        A metaphor, obviously, for the fact that some people continue to re-
        embody their beliefs at existlist.

        > Anyway, who is breaching moderation guidelines right now, in regard
        to attempts to prove faith??>

        Albert, hence the header "fleeced."

        >My quotation from that recognised existentialist, SK, made precisely
        the same point as Chris - it's matter of belief. Period>

        Great! Then we're done with it, right?

        > I blame Trini..

        I'd guess he's used to that.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
          Albert,

          This was addressed toward Mary, if toward anyone at all. We go back
          a long way ...

          Louise

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert" <al_d@...> wrote:

          > You have really missed the bus completely here. I have
          no "beliefs", I'm not even sure I believe in truth. So really...

          2/1/2006