Odyssey

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      'Elpenor'

      A youth there was, Elpenor was he nam'd,
      Nor much for sense, nor much for courage fam'd;
      The youngest of our band, a vulgar soul
      Born but to banquet, and to drain the bowl.
      He, hot and careless, on a turret's height
      With sleep repair'd the long debauch of night:
      The sudden tumult stirr'd him where he lay,
      And down he hasten'd, but forgot the way;
      Full endlong from the roof the sleeper fell,
      And snapt the spinal joint, and wak'd in hell.

      Alexander Pope
      "The Oxford Book of Verse in English Translation", ed. C.Tomlinson.
      OUP 1980

      have you heard that football song, we're coming home?

      sweet dreams ...