Kierkegaard, philosopher, existentialist, seducer, pseudonymous craftsman

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      Mary, Until I arrived at existlist, had never heard of gawd.
      Therefore at least provisionally shall consider this entity to have
      been invented by
      (1) our distinguished and perspicuous contributor known as Knott;
      (2) existlist conceived as some kind of collective subtext;
      (3) American angst.
      Anyway, it seems meaningless to attribute scepticism toward this
      undefined quasi-theological notion to the dialectically sophisticated
      Dane. He was not a sceptical man. He was virulently opposed
      to 'Christendom', that is, the contemporary (for him, nineteenth-
      century) sham of institutional religion laying claim to the Gospel
      truths of Jesus Christ. That's my reading of him, anyway. Louise