who be the Pope

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Bill, Soren Kierkegaard had such an acute interest in reality that
      most humans cannot bear to hear his truths, and I have deliberately
      held back, assiduously edited my quotations, in preparation for a
      later phase of struggle, assuming I physically survived, these past
      couple years, which frankly looked unlikely, at various points. He is
      the great prophet for the Protestant North (Europe, USA, etc.), and by
      extension for the Anglican Communion, all the Christians of Africa,
      Asia, the brave few in the Orient, and so on. This is gauche, I
      apologise, it is not my realm of expertise, that is, it is philosophy,
      of pseudonymous kind, which holds me to the eternal verities, I would
      listen to any qualified and genuine preachers, laymen, church
      historians, academic theologians, etc., for the detail. However, the
      Roman Catholic Church is another matter altogether. I have absolutely
      no opinion, and zero spiritual affinity to that tradition. My
      involvement in its myths and metaphors (such they are to me) seems to
      have arisen from internal UK politics. Just leave me with
      the 'Dunciad', a sufficiently remarkable testament to human integrity
      and passion. Louise