God as goofy

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      SK lived in the world of the quasi spirtual, He did not have the
      willpower to make any definitive decision as to the actual existance
      of a supreme being so he played the agnostic. I was agnostic when I
      knew very little. How can one make a decision when you have few or no
      facts. The knowledge base becomes the relevant sounding board. SK
      turned to the metaphysical and found a safe ground from which to
      promote his bombastic brand of not knowing. I think he would be an
      easy companion of the new pope. They could be called the very modern
      mille duet. They both play the avante guarde but that is all facade.
      SK would have been flattered to be considered an existentialist just
      as this pope pretends to be a humanitarian. The difference is the pope
      knows exactly what he is doing while SK swam in a lukewarm sea of
      doubt. I find little in a philosopher who just takes the wrong stand
      and then equivocates about his choice. The hand wringing is too much
      for me and there is more of life to be lived than to review a
      philosophical stance that I reject . Actually the pope is more
      dangerous in that he may be able to really damage the world. Why
      should`nt we just believe in the vicar and let him run this train. At
      least he thinks he knows what he is doing. Bill