Ancient Grievance

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2006
      Mary Jo,

      For all I understand of your cultural references, you might as well be
      posting in Arabic. As ever, in these waters, I need Bill for
      interpreter. My home city, you will recall, stands at confluence,
      where Hull meets Humber. Pirates, however, I never saw.

      I know very little about Edward Said. Have no reason to doubt that he
      was a thoughtful, moral human being. Also, I believe, a political
      activist. Leastways, I saw a photo in the newspaper, where he throws
      a stone at an Israeli watchtower. What remains to be clarified, for
      me, is, are you depicting Mr. Said as an existentialist, and if so,
      why?

      Louise