Outside

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2005
      It is astonishing. Astonishing. God just invented snow. Flakes fall
      thick, silent, clusters laid straight and slender on the naked
      boughs. Longingly my dream body rushes forth, extends, rolls in white
      carpet wet, until snow and self are one. Real body aches, throat a
      little sore, sciatica mildly coursing from hip to knee. Very slowly
      powers a solitary car, westwards, tail-lights red, receding. Many
      similar shapes, under white blankets each, sleep in front their
      owners' brick-built abodes. A young girl beneath multi-coloured
      umbrella stoops, gathers snow for small missile, gently aimed at small
      brother walking beside. They know not what they do. That's my story,
      anyway. I'm a fool, refuse to forgive, apt to believe, learning the
      eternal lesson. Old Year is happy, New Year is happy, but can we take
      it?? We are only human. We hurt. Louise
    • peno hardesty
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2005
        and because we hurt we appreciate that we are indeed
        alive------small missles made of snow, slight skids on
        the roadway-------salt on the steps and memories of
        childhood, remind us that all is not well, but all is
        not lost either------belief in ----hope for-----quiet
        moments of solitude------reflections and
        objections-----reality---truth----snow and sore
        throats-----thank you louise-----p