To the Gentleman of the Lake

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005
      Though I have met somewhat fewer psychiatrists than policemen, I know
      whereof I speak. These are political matters, there can be, sadly, no
      rapid solution, precisely because SOCIAL programming is real, with
      strong interior physical effects, for each individual. The poetic
      solution, however, would be to sack all psychiatrists forthwith,
      offering every last one alternative employment in either social work
      (including the churches) or the police force.
      Your rant, my good sir, bespeaks classic patronising tone toward your
      own ideation of lower orders.
      As to your ignorant and offensive remark concerning the philosopher
      Heidegger, you speak out your arse. Yes, you are my senior, I dare
      thus affront you on account of my own regard for honour. At least I
      have made attempts to grapple with the Professor's thinking on the
      nature of time and human experience.

      yours for the English,

      Perdita
      ... saving her neurons ...
    • Herman B. Triplegood
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005
        The remark about transcendentalists was also very offensive. I took that
        quite personally. But that's okay. I'll get over it.

        Louise:

        I happen to be reading Donald Brown's Human Universals right now. (taking a
        break from Descartes for a few days) Are you familiar with his ideas? He
        takes to task the cultural relativism that was the reigning paradigm in
        anthropology in the twentieth century. I have no idea if it still is.
        Anyway, it has given me cause to poke around a bit and get up to speed on
        some of the thinking among sociologists and the like regarding nature and
        nurture, and cultural conditioning versus biological conditioning. The sense
        I get is that there ain't no black and white here. It's a little bit nature,
        and a little bit nurture. Biology plays a part, but so does culture. What
        are your thoughts?

        Hb3g

        _____

[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "existlist
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/existlist> " on the web.

        _____

      • gevans613@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005
          In a message dated 02/12/2005 16:10:38 GMT Standard Time, Hb3g@...
          writes:

          The remark about transcendentalists was also very offensive. I took that
          quite personally. But that's okay. I'll get over it.

          As to your ignorant and offensive remark concerning the philosopher
          Heidegger, you speak out your arse. Yes, you are my senior, I dare
          thus affront you on account of my own regard for honour. At least I
          have made attempts to grapple with the Professor's thinking on the
          nature of time and human experience.

          yours for the English,

          Perdita
          ... saving her neurons ...

          Jud:

          I think of you fondly too Perdita as you sit nodding and toothless before
          your flickering fire, toasting bread to go with your hortobágyi
          húsospalacsinta, and watching the bright burning coals crackling in the hearth with your
          rheumy eyes and gummy smile - dreaming your soteriological myths of
          white-coated coffee-coloured messiahs rushing to the rescue of *mind* Martin
          {merrylegs] Heidegger and constipated cataleptics before the onset of the
          unavoidable schizophrenia, epilepsy, and hysteria. Yes, the good ole the ways of yore.
          The good old days of electric shock and straight-jackets when we and the
          world were young. ;-)

          What attracts me to you is your obvious humanity, sensitivity, good nature
          and quiet politeness [I am a good judge of character] which goes a long way
          to make up for your obvious lack of intelligence, for I spot an apologist for
          the Nazi monster Heidegger - [an inveterate liar according to his teenage
          girlfriend] and the fantasy of his puerile *ontological difference* and his
          pathetic gerundial mannikin Dasein, (voiding its neonate meconium since 1928].

          Sit back in your chair, get out and dust down that ancient His Master's
          Voice 33-rpm record of: In the Shade of the old Apple Tree - wind up the old
          gramophone and enjoy. You could imagine yourself partnering the liar Martin
          in personal hand-to-hand combat against a personified versions of decency and
          loyalty maybe?

          It's all good fun to see you like alcohol, [I can spot one a mile away] but
          isn't it a bit early in the day? It must be difficult to cope when one
          becomes addicted I guess - but why not try to pace yourself a bit? Anyway
          I'll let you get back to your tippling and believing your myths, and let you
          dream up much of your self-indulgent scribblings a little longer, before the
          cold wind of reality insinuates its way around the chimney-pots, into the
          window of your nursery and wafts all your childish transcendentalist
          playthings into the dustbin of human pretentiousness. ;-)