waiting for signs that the blind watchmakers sees the light

  • mer_e_jo
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005
      You know what Maldoror thought of urban legends? They're all a pile
      of crap.

      Here's some more material for the brain's wet/dry shop vac. It's all
      in the jeans. Re: reciprocal altruism. Just a few bytes and lynks:

      "A century of research in biology confirms Thomas Huxley's thesis:
      the universe is hostile to life in general and human life in
      particular, the evolutionary process and its products are contrary to
      human ethical standards; human survival and ethical advance can be
      achieved only in opposition to the cosmic process (Williams, 1993).
      Evolved psychological mechanisms solved the problems of the
      historical past, but they are not guaranteed to solve the problems of
      today."

      "From our perspective, the processes of natural and sexual selection
      on the evolution of the human species will not result in a "perfect
      human" being, and it is possible that due to technological advances,
      the changes resulting from these natural forces has come to a
      grinding halt. Technological advancement may open another possibility
      for changes in the human species, that of artificial selection."

      "While the creation of "the perfect human being" may continue to be a
      subjective notion in the realm of science fiction, the artificial
      manipulation of the biological basis for evolution may occur."

      http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kruger/ep12.html
      http://www.mavericksofthemind.com/tri-int.htm

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005
        > "From our perspective, the processes of natural and sexual
        > selection on the evolution of the human species will not result in
        > a "perfect human" being, and it is possible that due to
        > technological advances, the changes resulting from these natural
        > forces has come to a grinding halt. ..."

        Yes!!!

        The naivete of science, so comprehensively ignoring politics, for so
        long, is undergoing maturation as we speak.

        Here beginneth the Age of the Anglo-Saxon.

        You will be amazed.
      • Herman B. Triplegood
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005
          That reminds me of the beef that has gone on between the purveyors of
          evolutionary psychology and the upholders of the standard social science
          model.

          Hb3g

          _____

[...]

          Philosophy
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Philosophy+book&w1=Philosophy+book&w2=E
          xistentialism&w3=Existentialism+philosophy&w4=Merleau-ponty&c=4&s=91&.sig=QX
          O9QQTDN7-2-84TTEcWsg> book

          Existentialism
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Existentialism&w1=Philosophy+book&w2=Ex
          istentialism&w3=Existentialism+philosophy&w4=Merleau-ponty&c=4&s=91&.sig=lur
          QeKbMARJ2elcQRcz4BA>

          Existentialism
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Existentialism+philosophy&w1=Philosophy
          +book&w2=Existentialism&w3=Existentialism+philosophy&w4=Merleau-ponty&c=4&s=
          91&.sig=hpKtHa-oyE3oDm1_InODgg> philosophy

          Merleau-ponty
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Merleau-ponty&w1=Philosophy+book&w2=Exi
          stentialism&w3=Existentialism+philosophy&w4=Merleau-ponty&c=4&s=91&.sig=v1Px
          tAgqEiPoQVSOvhGZgg>

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "existlist