Re: flowcharting the traffic of ideas

  • nothing@theabsurd.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 24, 2001
      <<Since you are being coy, I will elaborate.>>

      Perhaps people are not interested in following the leads you set
      if you already know the answer. Or perhaps people are not
      interested in placing the fish hook up their own nose so they can
      be reeled in. Someone with a crystal ball should know that.

      <<If we eliminated the all the various moral questions that make
      people sick, we would eventually end all legal ones as well.>>

      This would translate to (and I fear it needs translation): If we
      eliminated people detesting canibalism, there would be no laws
      against canibalism. Your point is, I am guessing (no balls
      here...), that right and wrong moral judgements are the means
      by which we determine law.

      Interesting in that law pretends then to judge the moral code of
      law with cold fact. Ha. Cold fact. Find me one.

      I just realized I am every defendant's dream. Reasonable doubt?
      That is all there is.

      But I must step one step further. "I detest that color paint!" yet
      there appears no law. "I detest the smell of sewers!" and no law.
      In fact one might argue that government which creates law also
      creates sewers. So while it is easy to agree that it seems
      disliking something is impetous to it being drawn into law, it is
      apparently not the only mechanism -- as those, like myself, who
      pick their noses in public to the chagrin of old ladies are not
      arrested for it no matter where it gets whiped.

      Ok, I was fictionalizing, but I always am, and I detest it. There
      aught to be a law.

    • William Harris
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 1, 2001
        Bookdoc, I was confused until your last paragraph, but that cleared it up
        .Ill give him your answer next week and see what he says. I have been
        canoeing the root river for the last three days, no lap top allowed. We had
        a running philosophical discussion between a mensa, atheist genius; a
        agnostic, christian physician; and myself. I tried to explain your
        philosophy, but was a dismal failure. I attempted to apprpach through
        existentialism, which both have some knowledge of. Empiricism impressed the
        athiest and he liked the individualism of exist thought but when I suggested
        he could not trust sense knowledge he wanted no part of that. The physician,
        who is also an author, was less dogmatic. He could accept an absurd world as
        a concept, especially as something to write about. In fact he mixed it in
        with his god as a unifying principle theory, as if god understands while we
        lesser beings just cant grasp it all. I would have expected the athiest to
        entertain the concept more than the agnostic, the agnostic however liked and
        felt comfortable with the unknown. He did not mind being ungrounded. In fact
        he will try to incorporate an absurdist character in his novel. He made an
        interesting comment, he was not an athiest because he would not undergo the
        angnst associated with a rejection of god, absurdism would not subject him
        to that rigor. See all the trouble you cause Bookdoc. Thanks, Bill