Participation in/out

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
      Mary, We share a intervaled participation and I think that to be a
      very normal flow of activity. Once the personal program is in place
      it runs until disrupted. It may be new facts or a change in personal
      situation that calls one back or away from the core values built in
      any one life. Certainly no two programs are the same but the set of
      ideas we have built through discrussion and sometimes conflict become
      a joint trust.
      I am returning to SETI and have downloaded their new software. Since
      there is no active participation in that program I get in little
      trouble. I have little resiliance for mental combat so I avoid most
      conflicts here. I am a old dog with loose teeth. I would rather exist
      quietly in a sunny place while the more vigorous mongrils contend for
      position. I still enjoy reading the opinions of the many fine
      writers I encounter here. I am happy to see you back and promise if
      the great secret of supreme enlightment desends upon me I will
      promptly post . Bill
    • Herman B. Triplegood
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
        Are you using the new BOINC software? SETI is moving to Berkeley later this
        month. I downloaded the new client just the other day. BTW, they do have
        discussion lists on there, and I am a participant on the list that is
        dedicated to exploring the philosophical implications of SETI. So, if you do
        want to get into trouble, there is a place to do that now.

        Hb3g

        I am returning to SETI and have downloaded their new software. Since
        there is no active participation in that program I get in little
        trouble.

        Bill

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "existlist
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/existlist> " on the web.

        _____

      • mer_e_jo
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
          Solid.

          Please promise you're not conditioning for the ultimate fighting
          championship. Waiting on future shock is safer. It's hibernation time.

          > Mary, We share a intervaled participation and I think that to be
          > very normal flow of activity. Once the personal program is in
          place
          > it runs until disrupted. It may be new facts or a change in
          personal
          > situation that calls one back or away from the core values built
          in
          > any one life. Certainly no two programs are the same but the set
          of
          > ideas we have built through discrussion and sometimes conflict
          become
          > a joint trust.
          > I am returning to SETI and have downloaded their new software.
          Since
          > there is no active participation in that program I get in little
          > trouble. I have little resiliance for mental combat so I avoid
          most
          > conflicts here. I am a old dog with loose teeth. I would rather
          exist
          > quietly in a sunny place while the more vigorous mongrils contend
          for
          > position. I still enjoy reading the opinions of the many fine
          > writers I encounter here. I am happy to see you back and promise
          if
          > the great secret of supreme enlightment desends upon me I will
          > promptly post . Bill

        • Susan Schnelbach
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
            Hey, Mary Jo? Is that you? Welcome back!

            On Dec 1, 2005, at 2:52 PM, mer_e_jo wrote:

            > Solid.
            >
            > Please promise you're not conditioning for the ultimate fighting
            > championship. Waiting on future shock is safer. It's hibernation time.
            >
            > Mary
            >
            > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@m...>
            > wrote:
            >>
            >> Mary, We share a intervaled participation and I think that to be
            >> very normal flow of activity. Once the personal program is in
            > place
            >> it runs until disrupted. It may be new facts or a change in
            > personal
            >> situation that calls one back or away from the core values built
            > in
            >> any one life. Certainly no two programs are the same but the set
            > of
            >> ideas we have built through discrussion and sometimes conflict
            > become
            >> a joint trust.
            >> I am returning to SETI and have downloaded their new software.
            > Since
            >> there is no active participation in that program I get in little
            >> trouble. I have little resiliance for mental combat so I avoid
            > most
            >> conflicts here. I am a old dog with loose teeth. I would rather
            > exist
            >> quietly in a sunny place while the more vigorous mongrils contend
            > for
            >> position. I still enjoy reading the opinions of the many fine
            >> writers I encounter here. I am happy to see you back and promise
            > if
            >> the great secret of supreme enlightment desends upon me I will
            >> promptly post . Bill

            > ~-->
            > Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for
            > Good!
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/ACsqlB/TM

          • mer_e_jo
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2005
              Thank you, Susan. And as Bill so aptly stated, I come back empty
              handed as far as solutions or revelations go. Over the years
              existlist has kind of evolved into an exhibit of diversity, and
              strangely so, camaraderie.

              Mary