RE: [existlist] coping out

  • richard campo
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      Trinidad,

      I'm new to Existentialism and your post is helping me with my understanding
      - Or at least the Trinidand Cruz version of what it means to be
      Existentialist.

      Whilst I can begin to understand how stripping back ALL our beliefs is
      important - leaving one in a vunerable powerless state it seems could be
      very revealing. However, I'm still not sure what this means or how it
      affects or changes our being in the world?

      You end your post with the line - "Understanding what one is doing is a
      life's work."

      I'm keen to know more.....So ultimately what's important about
      understanding?

      As a 'wise' man once said, "If you understand, things are just as they are;
      if you do not understand, things are just as they are"

      Richard, ...seeking understanding of what I'm doing.