Reviewing my new book: The Flesh of Being: On Nietzsche's Thus Spake Zarathustr

  • drossphd
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2005
      I am looking for someone in the group to review my book, the review
      having a minimum of 500 words, for the group; the book is 334 pages
      double-spaced. To that individual I am prepared to send a free copy.
      But I would like a resume from you stating your qualifications.
      drossphd@...

      From the Introduction:Preface
      A man's character is his divine guardian (Heraclites)
      Character is destiny (Heraclites).
      Good character is not formed in a week or a month. It is created
      little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed
      to develop good character (Heraclites).
      I am what libraries and librarians have made me, with little
      assistance from a professor of Greek and poets (Heraclites).
      Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a
      child at play (Heraclites)
      This text is a pearl, a semiotic secretion formed around the irritant
      Nietzsche, specifically, Thus Spoke Zarathustra. This work thinks
      alongside Nietzsche, and does not write about him or his thoughts. It
      is work thus of philosophy, and not that of exegetical-commentary
      that would pass for philosophy, that would excuse itself from
      examination – the type of book that is, however, the stock in trade
      of the `academic' industry, this part of the `market-place of ideas.'
      This is not a commodity; nor does it belong in the marketplace, as it
      walks upon the heads of the books that do.
      This book possesses philosophical character and as such
      belongs in the library of every thinking person everywhere in the
      world and from here to eternity. As a philosophical text, this volume
      returns philosophy to what philosophy is by `doing' it. Philosophy,
      above and below all, is a doing, an action, a way of being and not,
      as the academic philosophers and other `marketers of ideas' imply,
      some mere discussion of ideas. For such low-life, and the lowness
      here refers to an abstraction, their abstraction from what philosophy
      in turning philosophy into a mere `discussion about ideas,' are the
      great many scribes and scribblers that pollute the wells of thought,
      the poisonous flies, as Nietzsche said, that buzz about the market-
      place, and would turn all of reality into that. In fact, they have
      succeeded. Their image of philosophy, projected onto the cave-wall of
      social reality, dominates current thinking; and the projector is the
      mainstream academic establishment and its reduction of education to
      instruction, and the teacher to a careerist who must publish or
      perish. Clever academia, in short, has become the great sophist.
    • Simon Cleveland
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
        Folks,

        I’ve just finished writing my second book and am in
        search of a book reviewer. If you are interested in
        having your honest and professional comments featured
        on the back cover and inside the front page of this
        non-fictional work, the following opportunity is for
        you.

        The title of my latest work is “Existential Meditation
        – On the questions of Beginning, Meaning of Existence
        and Consequences of the End.” In it, I explore the
        concepts of Physiological Beginning and Ontological
        Development, the issues of Understanding Existence,
        Immortality and the perception of ‘The Other’. The
        work is roughly 100 pages and features quotes from
        Descartes, Pascal, Nietzsche, Sartre, Camus, Unamuno,
        and others.

        For those of you interested in writing a short review
        (500-600 words max) I will mail a copy of the
        manuscript. If you are interested, please email me at
        idimitro@...

        Also, please let me know in a few words something
        about your qualifications in the field of philosophy,
        any academic affiliations or reasons why you’d make a
        great reviewer.

        Respectfully,

        Simon

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jeffrey Tate
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
          Congratulations, Simone!

          I'm not professionally qualified to review your book, but I'll buy a
          copy when it's published.

          Jeff

[...]

          Please support the Existential Primer... dedicated to explaining
          nothing!

          Philosophy
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Philosophy+book&w1=Philosophy+book&
          w2=Merleau-ponty&c=2&s=40&.sig=5uQxFeDiUWl_K-ZckJ6K5g> book
          Merleau-ponty
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Merleau-ponty&w1=Philosophy+book&w2
          =Merleau-ponty&c=2&s=40&.sig=jIAUkASUGmdzsmfF6qrJww>

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "existlist
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/existlist> " on the web.

          _____

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
            Jeff,

            Is this some kind of hermetic joke?? Since I don't understand it,
            don't know whether it's funny or not. Which is kind of a
            philosophical comment, maybe, on the ontological status of humour.

            What would I know, anyway. Nigh on two years at this list, and I
            have no appetite for reading about Sartre or de Beauvoir. That is
            allowed. One thing that can be said in favour of the existlist
            moderation rules, they're a damn sight clearer in drawing ethical
            distinctions than quotations bearing on the same discipline from
            this famous Gallic partnership. Which is all very dour, or maybe
            worse, to state, which I want to do, anyway, for reasons, another
            existential proof that as a human being I really do have choices.
            Proof for me, that is. Subjective. I haven't made an argument.

            Louise

            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Tate" <jtate@t...> wrote:

            > Congratulations, Simone!
            >
            > I'm not professionally qualified to review your book, but I'll buy
            > copy when it's published.
            >
            > Jeff

            On
            > Behalf Of Simon Cleveland
            > Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:58 AM
            > To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [existlist] Book Review anyone???
            >

            > Folks,
            >
            > I've just finished writing my second book and am in
            > search of a book reviewer. If you are interested in
            > having your honest and professional comments featured
            > on the back cover and inside the front page of this
            > non-fictional work, the following opportunity is for
            > you.
            >
            > The title of my latest work is "Existential Meditation
            > - On the questions of Beginning, Meaning of Existence
            > and Consequences of the End." In it, I explore the
            > concepts of Physiological Beginning and Ontological
            > Development, the issues of Understanding Existence,
            > Immortality and the perception of 'The Other'. The
            > work is roughly 100 pages and features quotes from
            > Descartes, Pascal, Nietzsche, Sartre, Camus, Unamuno,
            > and others.
            >
            > For those of you interested in writing a short review
            > (500-600 words max) I will mail a copy of the
            > manuscript. If you are interested, please email me at
            > idimitro@y...
            >
            > Also, please let me know in a few words something
            > about your qualifications in the field of philosophy,
            > any academic affiliations or reasons why you'd make a
            > great reviewer.
            >
            > Respectfully,
            >

            > Simon
          • Tina =).
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
              Dear Simone-

              I am happy to learn that you are writing a book. That is really
              wonderful...I am looking forward to purchasing a copy. Anyway, I had
              one question about your work. The title of your work is "Existential
              Meditation – On the questions of Beginning, Meaning of Existence and
              Consequences of the End." Have you included any thoughts, ideas or
              quotes from buddhists? I would not condisder myself philosophically
              qualified to review your book, but I am qualified from the buddhist
              meditation point of view. If not, what do you mean by Existential
              Meditation?

              Cheers,
              Tina
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
                Puzzled, for all my experience here, I reiterate my welcome to you,
                Simon. Took another look at your profile page. Certified male.

                Hecuba
                ... professionally objective

                --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Simon Cleveland <idimitro@y...>

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 9, 2005
                  there is no simone at this web address thankyou