would you if you could?

  • George Walton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2005
      Bianco Luno

      Notebook X
      9/27/1994 – 11/30/1995

      what you don't want to hear

      31

      "I am as happy as it is possible for a human being to be.
      I only look around to see just how happy that is and I feel sad again."

      Of course, the cleverest among us [though some might say the least clever] do not look around much at all. Or they look around while standing staunchly on the surface. Or they whip out a philosophy of life [or a God or an enlightened point of view---usually someone else's] and look around through that.

      And then [abracadabra!] they hardly ever feel sad at all. Certainly not philosophically.

      I would if I could.

      32

      "On the back of a T-shirt of a boy with a bicycle helmet under his arm: 'THE COST OF LIVING IS DYING, everybody pays. No fear'."

      Okay, that might be rationalized given the paltry 70 odd years we live. But suppose, on average, we lived to be 700 or 7,000 or 70,000? How quick would he be to risk his life then?

      Reacting to death [like reacting to life] invaribly comes down to merely a point of view. Your own.

      But who are you? Take a good look. In particular, take a good...hard...long look from the context of, say, all there is.

      Of course, when most of us do, we do so while standing staunchly on the surface.

      I would if I could.

      On the other hand, at least I have finally learned that.

      george