Re: Nietzsche (On Metaphysical Judgments)

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 2, 2005
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "jkneilson" <jkneilson@y...> wrote:

      > > Louise:
      > > The distinction I make is between the art-of-living as something
      > you
      > > do, hour by hour, whether in spontaneous mode or with
      forethought,
      > > which carries with it long refinement of thought and instinct
      (if
      > > one is serious existentialist), and, on the other hand, the
      theory-
      > > of-the-art-of-living, which examines the accuracy of the
      > assumptions
      > > carried within that process. >
      >
      > Hi L, I don't know what a Nooist is, but I'm pleased to meet you.
      > go by neither Martin nor Fyodor. On group lists, I go by K, short
      > for my real name. I too am committed to argument, in Socratic
      > fashion. I'm new to the group. Instead of lurking, I posted a
      > question about Nietzsche, aiming to discover the lay of the land.
      > Your distinction between the art-of-living and the theory-of-the-
      art-
      > of-living is clearer to me now. Still, I don't see how it
      > contributes to soul torture. Perhaps you mean that the process of
      > examining the assumptions of our life is exacting, onerous,
      painful -
      > or that such reflection leads to the discovery of something
      > ("ontological categories?") that is painful. But I'm just guessing
      > here. Cheers, K

      Within my existential world, you most certainly do not exist,
      whatever name or initial you employ. So we have not met. Just
      think me of a trusting fool, apt to fall into the same cycle of
      mistakes as the months go by. George was right. What a shitty
      world. I am not committed to Socratic argument, rather to Iliadic
      dialectic, in the light of philosophic love. You are quite entitled
      to your perspectives, to your methods, and I would guess you won't
      be anxious that I cannot participate in any discussions your
      interests may generate. However, there's no knowing if I might
      change my mind. Recognition, the precondition for clarity. By the
      way, I'm very pleased you don't know what a Nooist is. My own
      awareness thereof is somewhat lost to memory at present.

      regards,

      louise
      ... maintaining her neurons ...