what about

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      The soul is the product of dialogue between the mind and the body.

      In absence of the dialectical, there may be conversation, argument,
      synthesis. Maybe I was wrong about your approach, George. You
      think and you live, alike with passion, yet you never seem at war.

      Peace of soul is all I know, for my body and mind never cease their
      mortal combat. Blake's Jerusalem and the plain of Troy occupy the
      same space, which cannot be measured.

      Plato just doesn't figure in my reckonings at all. I get the
      impression sometimes I've been shafted by a Doktor Faustus or two,
      which is annoying, and delays one's plans. Nevermind is not my
      style, I admit, which is why I am grateful for kind souls,
      professional or not, who know how to calm me down. It is all so
      totally unFrench. Penser, c'est lutter. Doesn't ring true,
      somehow. Nevertheless, the female warrior represents a most
      ambivalent picture for me, too apt to be satirical. It is
      definitely better to be a goddess. Can one really choose?? I don't
      think so. If there is a divinity shapes our needs, becoming them,
      she is there to discover. The choice is in whether or not to
      embrace. Or obey. Or whatever. Strange, that, but very usual, for
      me, I slip into imagining myself male, which is always entirely
      unphysical experience. Yet not so strange, simply that kind of
      phenomenon, part of poetic subjective reality, made difficult by an
      economic system indifferent to the highest values. There, I dared
      successfully, to say what I think. Disapproval has been my life's
      greatest torment. Hierarchy is quite literally frowned on in my
      country, unless it has sanction of high modernity or ancient grace.
      I care very much what people think. I always will. That must be
      why I shout so much.

      Louise