attempt

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
      Yes, just a little explanation. Not hard for me to picture how from
      others' perspectives i might seem obsessive, about nationality, its
      historic courses, etc. Existlist itself, though, as I've hinted on
      several occasions, with varying degrees of politeness, seems scarce
      conscious of its strong North American identity. When I have been
      castigated for veering to the political, I would like it to be borne
      in mind that there are many more ways to be political than to recoil
      in horror before shifting justifications for war, or to draw
      distinctions between nations and states, continental myths and
      planned quasi-imperial structures (that would be one phrase for the
      EU, as instance); invoking the US constitution, returning so
      frequently to matters of corporate interests, judicial decisions,
      and so on, is intelligible to me only insofar as we trace the
      political outcomes back to the philosophical roots, examining
      concepts and arguments, and, in the contemporary climate, looking
      very carefully to see if needful context is excluded, with or
      without intention. It is a fearful age, hungry for distraction and
      reassurance and rest, prone accordingly to high panic when these are
      removed, for a while. Enough for now, though, I really don't enjoy
      being defensive, and if I must mount a horse, hope not to be raised
      too high from the ground. Danny O'Keefe sings again, in my awaking
      brain.

      Louise
      ... conserving steam ...
    • Trinidad Cruz
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
        Well there you go. Disregard my previous reply.
        tc