Re: [existlist] existentialism & art

  • Exist List Moderator
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2005
      On Sep 29, 2005, at 3:08, janine wrote:

      > Hello,
      > can anyone tell me where i can find some infomation on
      > existentialsm and art. I'm studying a degree in fine art,& i want to
      > relate existentialism to my art work.

      The stage and screen, including sets, would be where I start. The set
      designs of the Royal Shakespeare Company and the Guthrie productions of
      Midsummer Night's Dream come to mind. I would then pursue the sets and
      theories of Beckett, et al.

      As for painting, the experimental and modern arts that deviated from
      realism became increasingly personal. They do risk post-modern
      classifications.

      - C. S. Wyatt
      that I shall be.