Re: [existlist] Digest Number 2514

  • Exist List Moderator
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2005
      On Sep 26, 2005, at 20:24, Andy Rix wrote:

      > I appreciate the view you have that it's not important when young
      > students
      > grasp for their own ideals, what's important is that they know how to
      > think
      > critically.

      I appreciate your kind words.

      > What is society afraid of? Why is education such a low priority,
      > especially
      > in California? Mr. Wyatt, I think I would enjoy taking one of your
      > classes.

      Critical thinking can't be tested in 60 minutes, with multiple choice
      answers. The "No Child Left Behind" attitude is even infecting
      colleges, where they want us to stress "Outcome Based Education" with
      measurable results. How I can do that with art and philosophy hasn't
      been made clear to me. This is a national problem.

      I just do what I do... offending a few people along the way.

      - C. S. Wyatt
      that I shall be.