Re: Running On Empty (part three)

  • Trinidad Cruz
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 27, 2005
      The "dog boy" is an analogy I have adopted from Dostoevsky's "Brothers
      Karamozov". I posted the whole piece some months back, so you may be
      able to find it in the archives. If you were familiar with the passage
      you would grasp the analogy. The last place scientists faced actual
      persecution in the twentieth century was Stalinist Russia. After that
      they were relatively safely established worldwide.I think culture is
      the correct term to use for my point here, as it does not
      differentiate out state or religious or philosophical institutions.

      Trinidad