Re: The unbridgeable gulf

  • Exist List Moderator
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 11:53 PM
      On Aug 29, 2005, at 5:45, matthew_piscioneri wrote:

      > Hi Simone,
      >
      > Re-Adorno (and the mission of the Frankfurt School, and critical
      > philosophy in general), I suppose in some quarters the dedication to
      > alleviating oppression and suffering *would* be criticized :-). More
      > often than not by those who stand to gain most from reproducing the
      > mechanisms of social oppression.

      That would be me, critiquing the FS. It is only as they moved towards a
      more expansive criticism of both Soviet Communism and Western
      Anglo-American neo-liberalism that I would find bits and pieces with
      which I agree.

      Of course, dedicating yourself to any impossible task is somehow
      heroic. Trust me, trying to change things in my little world is far
      more likely to end up in personal sacrifice than any real revolution. I
      know that is the case, yet I keep doing stupid things like complaining
      aloud about the university.

      - C. S. Wyatt
      that I shall be.