my confessions... [Existentially Speaking, oops its MY life]

  • NEFILIM001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2005
      Hey 'X'!! \:-)
      I really like the way your mind works, I always read your "Stuff". You
      are never boring. My comments about 'rough'ness and 'standard'ized English
      were not meant to criticize so much as to encourage you to continue challenging
      us--as we will you; and to do so in a manner which will inspire all of us to
      look forward to each other's next Posting.
      I admit I am an 'INFOmanic' and am open to many and varied styles and
      tones, but I want to Understand what the writer is saying to me.
      A 'rough' example: You know you will not dare wear a three-piece suit and
      tie and shiny loafers to a Rap/Hip Hop gathering; and neither would you want
      to look like the spitting-image of a Beverly Hills film producer at a
      Tennessee Mountaintop square dance performance...

      So Why Would You/We Choose To Write In A Fashion Which Does Not Digest-Well
      at an ExistList OnLine Group "thAng"! :::smiling:::

      We all have a style and imput which could very well flip another out. We
      must do the best we can with what we have, and keep our dignity in the process.

      When no one encourages me; or mayhaps actively discourages me--I dig deeply
      within my self, to find what I need to manage-the-moment.

      One last thing,
      You state: " "..the way the voice that i hear in my head talks which
      is only reasonable
      as i'm trying to be as open and honest as i can... ." "

      --Most Writers express themselves in POETRY in any fashion they want. One
      does not even 'need' to use ANY uppercase/lowercase...as you choose; nor
      punctuation. But Prose Is Another Thing. The Communication Slant is different when
      we need to communicate in 'sentences.'
      Of course I know that you know all this Mr. College Guy, but we all
      need occasional reminders. Since I write every day, I often get lazy and have
      to set my stuff aside--then read it the next morning to "see" all the silly
      errors, (which seemed OK at the time)!
      I am only saying that we all choose our own 'style' of writing--[[my
      Writing Professor at NYU always (casually) reminded us, she would not demand
      we 'change' anything in particular in a piece of our [charmed] work--but (we)
      must determine if it is really "speaking" to the reader--and when satisfied
      that it does in fact, we have to live with it.

      Sincerely,
      Frank
      ps: "Spell Check", is a nice 'word'... Ha.

      'better_than_hugh' states:
      " "..Also i was interested in what , nefl..sorry if i got the name
      wrong, my
      memory is weak, however i was interested in what he posted- i'm willing
      to admit that i can be quite narcissistic at times but anyone who says
      they are not is repressing parts of themself. Anyway, i'm sorry if i
      write "rough" but i was never big into grammar or spelling and i write