confessions_of_a_life... .GroupUnderstanding(s)

  • NEFILIM001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2005
      [[Hello Dave;
      it is my experience that whether one is in High School, or College; clear
      Expression of Self is the 1st level of attempt at Understanding,
      between/among others.

      I want to believe that you will concentrate on how 'best' others in a
      GroupList can really 'hear' and 'understand' your Open and Honest ideas and
      opinions.]]

      I am in the field of education, and a Copy Editor for years. I also helped
      found a Literary/Scholarly Mag at NYU, "ICARUS"--which after MANY years is
      still being published and supported by contemporary students there...one of my
      favorite experiences/memories.

      A number of my students are eMailing me all summer, and care less about HOW
      they communicate OnScreen(!) Their 'casual'ness becomes 'habit' after a while.
      [[btw, U git muh drifff...]]... . We all have our "style", but clarity,
      punctuation and grammar is important to keep the reader's attention to the
      details of the (important) subject at hand.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      Hello 'AIJA';
      I have been thinking strongly about this particular 'topic' for the last
      few days. I also have Posted on this particular 'topic'.
      I feel that Dave, ['Better_Than_You...'] is a young man who has real and
      important things to say, (though he does express them in relatively 'rough'
      and 'non-standard' style.

      ````````````````````````
      aija, you state:

      " "..anyway, there are people who feel compassion for others, and
      those who do
      not. there are people who shrink away from hurting others, and those who
      have no problem with hurting others, even when confronted with the reality
      that that is what they really are doing.

      i think this topic is more in the area of mental health/medicine than
      theoretical ethics anyway. rather than self-righteous lectures, getting
      someone medical help is doing what one possibly can.

      aija" "