comic selectiveness

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      the television is bright and voluble about six feet from my left
      elbow. channel five, terrestrial, UK. John Cleese's Comedy
      Heroes. this veteran of tv humour has just explained that his
      family could not afford one of these household boxes until he was
      twelve years old. so they went to the pictures, where he fell in
      love with Alaister Sim. now he's commenting on the plethora of
      American shows on British tv in the fifties. Colonel Hall and Bilko
      are now in action.

      "Get me General Wakefield at the Pentagon immediately ..."

      now Tony Hancock, a different flavour. partnership with Sid James.
      oh, guess what they're talking about, Germans and Arabs. we British
      are ok really, you know.

      on we go. JC moves to Bristol. the Marx brothers. mirror sequence
      from 'Duck Soup'. is there a connection with 'Enter the Dragon', or
      is that me being pretentious??

      louise
      ... nooist dark horse