Re: today's messages

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      I am saying that the heart of man is wonderfully loving and creative
      when it has learnt the laws of its own nature. Some achieve this
      through hard life-experiences, others through loyalty to a religious
      or other community, many through a combination of these, and a very
      few learn from long periods of solitude, involving meditation,
      prayer, or study, or, again, a combination. I am afraid it is all
      too possible for a corrupted and wicked young man to grow into a
      wicked grandfather. In addition, it is often easier to be a
      grandfather, if one is not living in the same house as those lovely
      pesky kids one can gradually get to know.

      Louise

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Tate" <jtate@t...> wrote:
      > Are you saying that the heart of man is not also wonderfully
      loving and
      > creative?
      >
      > The process of maturity included taming of aggression and
      narcissism
      > into generative action. None of us completes this perfectly, but
      many do
      > complete it partially. This is why a man is usually a better
      grandfather
      > than he was father.
      >
      > Jeff

      On