Re: [existlist] Re: Send in the clowns

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1 2:10 PM
      Medieval jongleurs must have been something to see. Though, I suppose you needed to be up there at least at the knight level to get into the castle to see it. I would suspect that there would have been a lot of comedians amongst the serfs. Like the guy who pretends he slips on a cow paddy. But then a lot of comedy was visceral. Like throwing a tomato at the prisoner in the pillory ... great fun during the evening walk. ha ha ha ....

      And then there are the childrens' fun poems like "Ring around the Rosie" which describes dying from Bubonic Plague.

      eduard at home