today's messages

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      Sound highly sentimental to me. Empathy!! Again, look at the actual
      results. Look at the horrors inflicted on the innocent, whether
      hidden within one's own country, or conveniently at great distance, at
      times when empathy is worshipped like a god. The heart of man is
      desperately wicked. Anyone who refuses to believe that has, in my
      opinion, a very sheltered lifestyle.

      Louise
    • Jeffrey Tate
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
        Are you saying that the heart of man is not also wonderfully loving and
        creative?

        The process of maturity included taming of aggression and narcissism
        into generative action. None of us completes this perfectly, but many do
        complete it partially. This is why a man is usually a better grandfather
        than he was father.

        Jeff

        Sound highly sentimental to me. Empathy!! Again, look at the actual
        results. Look at the horrors inflicted on the innocent, whether
        hidden within one's own country, or conveniently at great distance, at
        times when empathy is worshipped like a god. The heart of man is
        desperately wicked. Anyone who refuses to believe that has, in my
        opinion, a very sheltered lifestyle.

        Louise

        Please support the Existential Primer... dedicated to explaining
        nothing!

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "existlist
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/existlist> " on the web.

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
          I am saying that the heart of man is wonderfully loving and creative
          when it has learnt the laws of its own nature. Some achieve this
          through hard life-experiences, others through loyalty to a religious
          or other community, many through a combination of these, and a very
          few learn from long periods of solitude, involving meditation,
          prayer, or study, or, again, a combination. I am afraid it is all
          too possible for a corrupted and wicked young man to grow into a
          wicked grandfather. In addition, it is often easier to be a
          grandfather, if one is not living in the same house as those lovely
          pesky kids one can gradually get to know.

          Louise

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Tate" <jtate@t...> wrote:
          > Are you saying that the heart of man is not also wonderfully
          loving and
          > creative?
          >
          > The process of maturity included taming of aggression and
          narcissism
          > into generative action. None of us completes this perfectly, but
          many do
          > complete it partially. This is why a man is usually a better
          grandfather
          > than he was father.
          >
          > Jeff

          On