Re: [existlist] does the Earth have a meaning?

  • dave minogue
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2005
      the thing i have to say about bring the vioces of the dead into the realm
      of the living is that they werent always right-not to say we are always
      right (well i may be..perhaps). like you said before, we stand on the
      shoulders of giants, not only so we can touch the clouds but so we can
      see further.i know your not stupid enough to try convince people that the
      world is flat etc but my point is that we should learn from mistakes of
      the past but its worrying that we as people continue to repeat mistakes
      made over and over again but just find new ways of doing it, eg the salem
      witch trials and the McCarthy era. its obvious for all our communities
      which can vary from pigme dance nights to tea and scrumpets on the lawn
      lunchons, we live live in relative harmony. but the one thing that really
      pisses every single community of humans off is when peoples beliefs come
      into conflict, people as a whole have a problem with accepting others
      have different beliefs, isnt that wierd? the only problem i have with doc
      phill and opera is that although what they do and say is fundamentally
      sound i think for the most part they only give a kind of make over of
      problems, as in they cover up scars with make up but at the end of the
      day when these people are alone and wash theire face they still have a
      scar. i think that instead of building over a crack they should find out
      the cause of the scar and rebuild so to speak.in a way its a distant
      relative (we're talking very distant, fifth cousin once removed distant)
      of excercism (i think thats how its spelt). as in its just giving people
      a phantasy way out of a problem, and phantasy as we all know, arent real.
      but i'll agree with you that they do offer good advice to the whole, did
      i make my point clear tho? mother earth, she does have a lot of
      sentimental value doesnt she?