Believe or Deny...Please, let us continue to "Talk"... /:-)

  • NEFILIM001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      ...Or else what (Pray thee, Ha[!]) what is Philosophy. I was once a
      'believer'; well, looking back on my childhood--kind of. But I was involved enough
      to seriously pray and to follow the general precepts of the Rituals.
      But tolerance is the key for our continued Exchange. We are not in
      danger of being pummeled by bullies nor placed in solitary or losing our heritage
      nor citizenship, are we? No. Just our temper and perhaps our
      "Position(s)". But we can rethink positions. We can calm down. What is there to fear?
      We are all friends of EXISTENTIALISM--in whatever form we praise it and
      speak it, and live it!
      I vote we go right on "speaking" openly about our Faith--in whichever
      manner we choose...of our disinterest in those-kinds-of-Faith(s)--in whichever
      manner we choose, and determine the only thing we drop -- is anger and
      intolerence and intemperment. We are all beyond High School. We should be able to
      respond;and not react when we have a decidedly 180-degree difference of
      Opinion and Research whether they are thought to be by one side or the other:
      {Facts or fantasys}

      A Member states a side of an issue:
      " "...Where I make an exception, however, is in political and philsophical
      venues. There religion tends to be peddled. And when religion is peddled and
      embraced within a political or philosophical context it can be a very dangerous
      thing. Minds are at stake. And I expose it as such.

      Any and all mindsets that reduce the enormously complex existential nature
      of human relationships down to God or Scripture or Truth or Logic or Idealism
      or Rationalism or Political Ideology etc. is to be rooted out and
      deconstructed into oblivion.

      I do my bit is all.

      Well, until I am smote, of course. And I sense the end is near in this
      particular venue. Hopefully however others will take my place.

      george" "