M.A.D.

  • Mary Jo Malo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2005
      Space based nuclear weapons still keep us in the threaten-and-MAD
      scenario. Bio-ethnic is more diabolical because no one will be
      threatening, just employing. You won't be able to prove who used it.
      Both of these kinds of weapons are rumored to be in development, but
      the public will never actually know if they are target ready, and how
      would you test them? Am I irresponsible for increasing angst? Do I
      promote anarchy and destructive nihilism? No. I only mention these
      things to stimulate in us the very core of existential philosophy. What
      is the course of action, personal or political? How should we regard
      one another? Do we act, lick honey, or wait for the phone call? In the
      end what difference does it make if we do any or all of these? Mary

      > If an adversary has come to destruction of an advanced weapon system
      > they must forget. They must die or have the memory erased. I think
      > that is what you are beginning to realise. Atomics forced the notion
      > of total destruction but such systems as postulated by Putin take it
      > to the logical conclusion. That being the complete obliteration of
      the
      > mind set of a victim society. That is a weapon to be reconed with and
      > as the russians learned from Regan the threat is neARLY AS
      DESTRUCTIVE